Users may have planned to resize a system partition for a long time in order to extend it. Users’ computer operating system is always installed in a certain partition, namely system partition (C drive). Although users often install their applications to D drive or other drives rather than system partition, some applications will still take up system partition space. As time goes on, free space of system partition will become less and less. At that moment, users need to extend system partition right away.
If users don’t resize a system partition as quickly as possible, their computer’s running speed will be slower and slower. And this will make them waste a large amount of time in waiting for the response of applications. If system partition space runs out, this will be a “dangerous signal” to users. This signal prompts users that they need to change partition size right now.
To extend system partition, we’d like to advise users to use partition software in order to realize this with ease. MiniTool Partition Wizard should be their first choice. This convenient third party tool can help users resize a system partition by simple steps. And it can change partition size without formatting. This could well protect important data in system partition from being lost.
1. Users need to run MiniTool Partition Wizard to enter its main interface. And then, they should click system partition.
2. Select “Extend Partition” from the left action panel.
3. Users should determine where to take free space (from unallocated space or other partitions) and then drag the sliding button to decide how much free space they want to take. Next, they can click “OK” to return to the main interface of the software.
4. Click “Apply” and choose “Yes” to execute the pending operation.
5. Users should wait patiently for the completion of the operation.
After carefully reading the steps to resize a system partition, users can extend system partition by using MiniTool Partition Wizard now.