I have never experienced how important partition resizing is until I frequently get the Low Disk Space warning. Lacking relevant experience, I have tried using built-in Disk Management tool to enlarge system partition on Windows Server 2003, but it finally failed due to certain reason. I desperately need another effective and secure way to free resize Windows Server 2003 partition DOS.
During the course of Windows Server 2003 computer using, users must have come across the following situations where partition size adjustment is needed:
1. Users originally configured system partition to have little capacity of space. As time files, various kinds of data will eat up free space in it. Then, users will get the disturbing Low Disk Space warning, and even suffer from system crash.
2. Certain data partition has too much free space, while the unallocated space can not meet actual demands.
When encountering such circumstances, users undoubtedly will resize partition. Use free Windows built-in Diskpart exe? Here, we can explain it to users.
DiskPart.exe enables users to manage objects (disks, partitions, or volumes) by using scripts or direct input from a command prompt. Before using DiskPart.exe commands on a disk, partition, or volume, users must firstly list and then select the object to give it focus. When an object has focus, any DiskPart.exe commands that users type act on that object.
The step-by-step instructions on how to use “diskpart” command line to extend system partition are given here:
1. Open a command prompt if users are at the Windows desktop by clicking the Windows logo and “R” keys simultaneously then typing “cmd” without quotation marks and pressing Enter.
2. Type “diskpart” at the command prompt and press Enter.
3. Type “list volume” and press Enter. Then, Diskpart lists all volumes that are detected in the computer.
4. Type “select volume” followed by the number of the volume that users want to extend. For example, if the number of the volume is “2”, users would type “select volume 2.” Then, press Enter.
After finishing those steps, users will find that free “diskpart” exe finally failed to extend system partition for Windows Server 2003. Why it happens? That is because of the functional limitations of the tool. Moreover, users are supposed to execute many complicated commands if they want to resize partition. Well then, is there any easier way to realize server partition resizing? Definitely, there is and using third-party server partition software is a wise choice. Among various kinds of partition magic software, MiniTool Partition Wizard with high performance is strongly recommended for users. We will show its competence via the operations to extend Server 2003 system partition.
Firstly, users ought to download the powerful software via the website: http://www.partitionmagicserver.com/download.html and then install it on computer.
Secondly, launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to open its main interface:
Thirdly, in the main interface, choose the partition to be expanded from disk mapping area and then click “Extend Partition” from left action panel.
Fourthly, take free space by dragging the sliding handle after users specify a partition with much unused space left or an unallocated space. After that, click “OK” button to go back to main interface of the software.
Fifthly, after the software displays partition resizing effect, users can click “Apply” button to make final confirmation.
The most effective and secure way to free resize partition Windows Server 2003 DOS is demonstrated as above. If users need more information, please feel free to visit the official website of MiniTool Partition Wizard.