I have a Window Server 2008 computer which was originally partitioned by the vendor. Drive C is the primary and it was once configured to have 150 GB. Then, it was reduced by 100 GB to create Drive E of 75 GB and Drive F of 25 GB. Moreover, there is still unallocated of 50 GB which is behind partition F. Meeting the demands for data storage and optimizing system performance, I decide to enlarge partition C on Windows Server 2008 by adding the unallocated space to it. Is there any available suggestion for me?
It is believed that most computer users have suffered from low disk space issue. If it happens to data partition other than system partition(usually c partition), users can simply delete some useless data. However, if C drive disk space gets low because of installed applications, browser caches and temporary files, users have to pay high attention. Without enough free disk space in partition c, users can not fulfill installing newly updates and needed application programs, and operating system will run slower and slower, and even crash. Facing certain issue, most users think of using Windows Server 2008 Disk Management tool which owns two partition resizing features Extend Volume and Shrink Volume. However, it still has many disadvantages such as:
1. Extend Volume works only when there is unallocated space, and it must be behind target partition to be enlarged.
2. Users are not allowed to move partition.
Due to the exact functional limitations and defects, users have to find other solutions to better resizing Windows Server 2008 partition. As a matter of fact, users can extend C drive under Server 2008 without deleting or formatting partition, if they own a piece of professional server partition management software. At this time, the selection of software becomes a leading concern. Users have to take many aspects into consideration such as software reliability, security, compatibility, functionality and operability. To avoid suffering from unexpected troubles, users can choose powerful server partition magic named MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Users should firstly download the software via the website: http://www.partitionmagicserver.com/download.html and then install the software to proper location. After that, follow those steps to finish partition c extension.
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to open its main interface:
2. In the main interface of the software, choose partition c which needs to be enlarged from disk mapping area and then click “Extend Partition” from left action panel.
3. Here, users can specify a partition with much unused space left or an unallocated space from “Take Free Space from” tab. After that, gain desired capacity of free space by dragging the sliding handle.
4. In this interface, users can see that the chosen unallocated space has been added to partition C and a pending operation appears in “Operations Pending” column. If users are content with the partition expansion effect, just click “Apply” button in upper left corner to make final confirmation.
The powerful server partition software is easy to use, so hurry to download one via the quick link here to better manage your computer partitions.