I have developed a habit of storing business data such as customer information and gadget files into computer. The Disk 1 in my Dell desktop is divided into 5 parts: system partition (C drive 50 GB), data partitions D drive (150 GB), E drive (150 GB) and F drive (50GB) and an unallocated space (80 GB). Concerning the data security and completeness, I am trying to do partition backup. I wonder if it is possible for me to copy F drive. If it is possible, I desperately request for a step-by-step guide explaining to me how I can copy the contents of my Windows Server 2012 F drive in an easy and secure way.
To protect data loss from program error or some other accidental affairs, computer users are supposed to back up disk or partition containing vital data. Well then, how to realize the operation?
1. Utilizing Windows Server Backup
Windows Server Backup, the useful feature in Windows Server 2012 consists of a Microsoft Management Console snap-in, command-line tools and Windows Power Shell. It offers users a complete solution for day-to-day backup and recovery requirements. The feature enables users to back up a full server (all volumes), selected volumes, selected partition, specified file or folder. Regardless of high performance of the backup toolkit, some flaws can not be ignored. For instance, to use the tool for local one-time backup, users must log in as Administrator or member of Backup Operators. Moreover, users have to make sure that the two computers install the same Windows Server operating system and the state of firewall system so as to successfully perform network backup. Due to exact functional limitations, the feature can not perfectly backup partition on Windows Server 2012.
2. Adopting disk partition manager
Server partition manager with the features to copy partition and disk is of high recommendation. And users just need to find a satisfying one to perform Windows Server 2012 partition backup. Here, users are advised to choose professional Server 2012 disk partition manager – MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition. With the software, users can fulfill all commonly seen disk and partition management operations. Since users need to duplicate Server 2012 partition, we would like to explain the exact process with demos.
After users download and install the powerful server partition management software, they just need to follow those steps:
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard to get its main interface:
2. Choose the partition which will be copied. The detailed state of disk and partition distribution is presented in the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard. Since users need to back up partition, they ought to choose target partition to be duplicated and click “Copy Partition” from left action panel.
3. Specify a location to store partition backup. Here, users are supposed to choose an unallocated space to save partition duplication, and then click “Next” to open the following interface:
4. Change the size and location of partition backup. By dragging the black triangles on both ends of partition handle or typing needed values into corresponding textboxes can resize partition duplication. If users need to change location of the copy, just move the whole partition handle. After that, click “Finish” button to return to main interface of the Server 2012 disk partition manager.
5. Execute operations. Here, users can view the exact partition copy effect. If it is what users need, just click “Apply” button to apply the effect to computer. After MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition executes all previous operations, the whole process to back up partition is completely done.
Need to copy partition on Windows Server 2012 to protect data from program errors or other accidental incidents? Hurry to download MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition.