The Disk 1 in my Windows Server 2012 computer is configured to have 5 partitions including system/boot drive and four data partitions as well as some unallocated. After booting the system which was infected by a Trojan last night, I desperately find that one of data partitions has gone in Widows Disk Management. I want to restore lost partition so as to access needed data in it, but there is no handy solution to fixing the issue. Is there any suggestion on how to recover partition under Windows Server 2012?
Here, we will introduce the conception partition table briefly. Partition table, certain kind of special and vital system files containing all information about partition such as configured files system, name, size, start point and end point of hard disk drive partition and other significant information. Partition table is the key for operating system to recognizing partition, and there are multiple factors threatening security of certain files. For instance, errors occurring in operating system reinstallation, accidental deleting, incorrect manipulation or virus infection will cause partition table corruption and then partition loss. Well then, how to recover lost partition under Windows Server 2012? Actually, server partition manager with function to recover lost or deleted partition can effectively do the trick, and MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition is one of them.
The software boasts multiple mesmerizing features including comprehensive functions, wide compatibility, high reliability and excellent operability. Owing to those merits, it owns lots of supporters. Here, the example of recovering Windows Server 2012 partition by using the recommended server partitioning software is explained to users.
To retrieve lost partition back, users need to download the powerful software and then install it to proper location. Then, follow those steps:
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to open its main interface.
2. Entering the main interface, choose the disk where lost partition once was and click “Partition Recovery” from left action panel.
3. Choose a preferred scanning range from the listed ones and click “Next>” button to continue.
4. Here, specify a scanning mode according to practical demands. To gain quick scanning, we choose the first mode and click “Next>” button.
5. In this interface, check all partitions needing to be recovered and click “Finish” button to let the software perform partition recovery
We have explained how to recover lost partition from Windows Server 2012 computer with the recommended server partition management software. If users also want to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition, please visit the quick link here.