Our computer OS is always installed in C drive, so we can start computer from C drive. And C drive is usually called system partition. However, C drive also includes other things, such as temporary files of IE and some files stored on computer desktop (actually stored in system partition) in addition to the OS. If users don’t have a good habit of cleaning disk regularly, with time goes by, C drive, namely system partition will soon run out of free space. When space in system partition almost runs out, it will be shown in red. And this is a “dangerous signal” to us.
If C drive is full, our computer performance will be affected greatly, because this will decrease the running speed of our computer. At this time, the best way to solve this problem is to migrate OS to SSD with software.
We recommend users to move OS to SSD with the help of MiniTool Partition Wizard. This professional third party tool can help users realize migrating operating system with ease. If users migrate OS to SSD with software, they don’t need to reinstall their computer operating system, because they can directly start computer from SSD. The steps are as follows.
1. To migrate OS to SSD with software, users need to click system disk and choose “Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard” from the list of “Wizards”.
2. Select a target disk and click “Next”.
Note: Users should back up the important data in the target disk, because all data on this disk will be deleted during migrating.
3. Users had better choose the third copy method to adjust size and location of the new partition. Then, they should click “Next”.
4. After reading the notification, users should click “Finish” to get back to the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard.
5. Click “Apply” and choose “Yes” to perform pending operations.
Users can easily migrate OS to SSD with software. And they can click here to get this software before they move OS to SSD.