Disk 1 of my Windows Server 2008 computer falls into five parts, the boot/system partition – C drive, 3 data partitions D, E, F and some unallocated space. Last night, I suddenly found that one data partition: F drive is missing after I have done some operations to the disk. It seems that the incorrect operations cause partition loss. F drive storing my favorite media files like photos and music means lot to me, so I want to get it back. Is there any useful suggestion on how to recover a lost partition in Server 2008?
Partition loss may happen in the following situations:
1. Users who want to optimize system performance reinstall operating system, and then come across partition loss.
2. Unintentional or intentional incorrect manipulations to computer such as mistaken deletion, formatting and repartitioning.
3. Malicious attack or computer virus infection will also lead to partition loss.
What causes partition to be lost? Partition is lost due to partition table corruption mostly. Partition table is a kind of system file containing crucial information about partitions such as file system, partition name, partition size, the start point and end point of hard disk drive partition and other important information. Whether certain partition can be recognized by system or not directly relies on certain kind of file. Once corresponding partition table is destroyed by virus or other factors, users will no longer see corresponding partition in Disk Management console. Well then, is it possible to get back the lost partition? Definitely, it is and using server partition management software with partition recovery function is a nice choice. MiniTool Partition Wizard is one of such software.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is able to restore deleted or lost partition under Windows mainstream operating systems. Here, the detailed operational guide is given to users:
1. Download the software from its official website and then install it to proper location.
2. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard to open its main interface:
3. From the main interface of the software, choose the disk where lost partitions originally were and click “Partition Recovery” from left action panel.
4. In this interface, users are supposed to specify scanning range. After that, click “Next>” button to continue:
5. Here, two scanning modes are provided for users. The first one is faster than the second, while the second is more powerful than the first. After selecting scanning method, users ought to click “Next>” button to continue:
6. At this time, select all partitions to be recovered from the listed ones. Then, click “Finish” button to let the software perform partition recovery operation.
The recommended software is able to recover deleted or lost partition within several steps. If users are encountering Windows Server partition recovery issues, hurry to download MiniTool Partition Wizard to fix them.