Data leakage – the common issue universally existing among all netizens is quite troublesome. Here is vivid example, one of my friends told me that he has an old hard disk and planned to resell it. Deeming simple deleting and formatting can do the trick for him, he resold it to a vendor. That was only the start of his nightmare. Once storing some client information the Windows Server 2008 disk partition, he was blackmailed by some people. To present equity from being harmed, he had suffered a lot from it. It tells us the importance of completely and permanently erasing data. At this time, how to quickly wipe a Windows 2008 Server partition becomes a leading concern.
Data wiping is a certain kind of method of overwriting the data, aiming to prevent the erased ones from being recovered by any data recovery software. There are various data erasing methods:
1. Physical data destruction
As a matter of fact, users can pose physical damage to certain disc so as to erase hard disk data. Those physical damaged strategies include melting, shredding, disintegration, grinding, pulverization and incineration. However, it is noteworthy that those discs erased with the mentioned physical damage ways will become entirely unusable. Therefore, users are not supposed to adopt this way unless they would like to destroy it.
2. Adopt hard drive degaussing tools to wipe a hard disk
Such tools will also make the erased discs useless, and they ask for high fees. Considering the cost-effectiveness, we do not recommend users to use those tools.
3. Use data erasing utilities for data clear-up
Data erasing is a software-based method of overwriting the data that aims to completely destroy an electronic data residing in a hard disk drive or other digital media. Unlike degaussing and physical data destruction, which renders the storage media unusable, data wiping utilities remove all information leaving the disk operable, preserving IT assets and the environment. Consequently, choosing such software is superior to the former two.
Well then, how to download such software? Here, we humbly suggest professional server partition software – MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition which is given with two powerful features: “Wipe Disk” and “Wipe Partition“. The former enables users to clear all data off on a hard disk, while the latter helps users wipe the specified partition data. For the sake of users’ further understanding, we would like to introduce how to wipe a partition for Windows Server 2008.
Users ought to download the powerful server partition management software and then install it to appropriate location (DO NOT install the software into the partition or disk to be erased). After that, follow those steps to fulfill partition data wiping:
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to open its main interface:
2. In the main interface, specify the exact partition needing to be cleared and click “Wipe Partition” from left action panel.
3. In this interface, choose a preferred wiping method. Since users want to quickly wipe Windows Server 2008 partition, they can choose the first one, and then click “OK” to go back to main interface of the software.
4. Here, users can view partition erasing effect. If it is as users expect, click “Apply” button in the upper left corner to apply it to computer.
The fascinating wiping competence must have surprised users, so hurry to download MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to experience it in person.