Master Boot Record – MBR is cylinder 0, head 0 and sector 1 of hard disk. It consists of master boot loader, disk partition table and partition valid flag. Although MBR doesn’t belong to any operating system, it is very easy to be modified by commands. And during the process of booting computer, MBR must be read. Once there are problems with MBR in Server 2008, our computer can’t smoothly boot. At that time, we need to fix MBR in Server 2008 right now.
Surely, we can not directly achieve repairing MBR. We need to use a third party tool to rebuild MBR with ease. MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable CD can be our first choice to start computer. After MBR was damaged, computer can’t boot. We can use this bootable CD to see disk list in computer and then make use of “Rebuild MBR” function of MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to fix MBR in Server 2008. Next, we will show users the detailed steps of rebuilding MBR.
1. Users need to burn this bootable CD to USB flash disk, CD or DVD first. Here we take CD for example. Then, they can put the bootable disc to CD driver and launch computer. Next, they should modify startup settings.
2. After the above image came out, users should choose the first option and then press “Enter” to continue. If computer still can not boot after choosing the first option, users can choose the second one to launch computer.
3. Choose a display resolution and press “Enter” again.
4. Now, users can see that MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition is successfully opened. Then, they should select the system disk and choose “Rebuild MBR” from the left action panel.
5. Click “Apply” to start repairing MBR.
If Server 2008 users’ computer has startup problem, they can try using MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable CD to launch computer first and then fix MBR in Server 2008 by using MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition with ease.