At present, more and more computer users choose to carry out FAT32 to NTFS conversion without formatting. Before we save data to a new hard disk in computer, we always need to format this hard drive. And during the formatting process, we usually need to choose a file system for the hard disk (FAT or NTFS). The type of file system has an influence on the performance of operating system to a large extent. Therefore, we need to choose a certain file system with superior performance.
For users, data security always comes first. Compared with FAT32, NTFS has better data security than it. We can set access permissions for sharing resources, files and folders on NTFS partitions, but FAT32 file system can’t achieve this. NTFS file system provides better file security. It can greatly improve the security of information by offering file encryption. However, FAT32 doesn’t have this feature. So, with regard to data security, if users have chosen FAT 32 file system, they need to perform file system conversion as soon as possible.
Surely, DM can help users realize converting FAT32 to NTFS, but they have to format the target partition to achieve file system conversion. And formatting operation will clear data in the certain target partition. To protect data from being lost, users can realize FAT32 to NTFS conversion without formatting by using partition magic.
1. To achieve FAT32 to NTFS conversion without formatting, users should run MiniTool Partition Wizard first and right click a target FAT32 partition in the main interface of this partition magic. Then, they need to select “Convert FAT to NTFS” option in the pop-up menu.
2. Click “Start” in the pop-up small window.
3. Wait for the completion of the conversion.
4. Click “Close” to return to the main interface of this tool.
5. Users can see that they have successfully achieved converting FAT32 to NTFS from the above screenshot.
Now, if users use FAT32 file system, they can try making use of partition magic to realize FAT32 to NTFS conversion without formatting.