I am having a problem with Windows 2003 Server. The hard disk in my computer is configured to have only 450 GB, but files gradually consume free disk space. Then, system performance gets lowered, so I plan to replace the older hard disk with a newer larger one. Then, I thought of employing a piece of disk clone software for Windows 2003 Server downloaded online to clone disk. To my surprise, most software charges extremely high and software reliability can not be ensured. Is there any effective solution?
Disk clone is needed when users want to upgrade hard disk without reinstalling the operating system and application programs again. Additionally, disk duplication is much helpful to protect data completeness and security especially in an era where computer virus is rampant. Apart from virus infection, other factors like man-made errors will also cause data to be lost. Therefore, backing up data for unexpected use is always suggested. It is noteworthy that the medium used as destination medium should be of at least the size as the source medium or larger to ensure all data will be cloned to the disk without data loss. Well then, how to perform disk clone?
Generally, simple backup such as file copy (copy and then paste) is preferred. However, it is not perfect as expected especially when there are heaps of files needing to be backed and system informs that some files can not be copied. Is there any time-saving and secure way to back up whole disk under Windows Server 2003? Of course, there is and using third-party server partition magic supporting disk and partition clone is highly suggested. MiniTool Partition Wizard with excellent competence is one of such software.
The recommended software is exceedingly powerful in server partition management. Besides disk clone, partition merging, splitting, wiping and other functions are available for users to better manage computer disk and partition. Here, the example of how to clone Windows Server 2003 disk is explained to users.
Users need to firstly perform software downloading and installation. After that, take the following steps:
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition to open its main interface:
2. In the main interface of server partition manager, choose source disk and then click “Copy Disk” from left action panel.
3. Here, users need to choose a destination disk where all data from the source disk will be copied to and then click “Next>” button to continue.
Tips: Make full backup of needed vital data for destination disk, for all contents in this disk will be removed after disk duplication.
4. Among three listed copy modes, choose the second one and then click “Next>” button to get the following interface:
5. The note information about system boot location is displayed in above interface. After reading it, click “Finish” button to return to main interface of the server partitioning software:
6. Here, users can preview disk clone effect for Windows 2000 Server computer. If it is exactly users need, click “Apply” button in the upper left corner to make final confirmation.
After the software performs all operations, the chosen disk is successfully copied to another disk. Have you surprised by the high performance of it. Hurry to download it via the quick link here.