As computer users, sometimes we may need to copy the content of one disk to another. This is called disk copy or cloning disk. Of course, we can copy files one by one, but it will be time-wasting if there are too many files waiting to be copied. Therefore, we’d better choose disk cloning. And no matter which computer system users are using, they can copy disk in it successfully. Even if they are Server 2003 users, they can also copy disk in Windows Server 2003.
The purpose of cloning disk is to reduce some unwanted troubles that cause system reinstallation. As Server 2003 users, if they need to replace the old disk with a new one, they can choose to copy disk in Windows Server 2003. They may copy all data in the old disk to the new one to avoid reinstalling system and software (Notice: OS may not be directly used after users perform copying operation).
Although it’s time-saving for Server 2003 users to copy disk in Windows Server 2003, they can’t achieve it without the help of the third party tool. Here we’d like to suggest users that they use MiniTool Partition Wizard to copy disk. Using this partition magic is not only time-saving, but also simple. The following content is several steps of cloning disk with the convenient tool.
1. Choose a source disk and click “Copy” from tool bar after running MiniTool Partition Wizard.
2. Select a target disk to which we will copy the source disk and then click “Next”.
Note: Users had better backup data in the target disk in advance to avoid data loss.
3. Users can choose “Yes” to proceed to next step after backing up data or making sure that data on target disk (if the target disk is not a new disk, data on it may be damaged) aren’t needed by them.
4. Choose a copy option and click “Next”.
Note: If users use SSD, please choose the fourth option to improve performance.
5. Users can click “Finish” after reading “Please NOTE”.
6. Click “Apply” and select “Yes” to start all pending changes.
To sum up, using MiniTool Partition Wizard to copy disk in Windows Server 2003 is quite easy for us. Users are welcomed to get this convenient tool whenever they want.