As everyone knows, a MBR disk can have at most four primary partitions or three primary partitions with one extended partition. Extended partition contains several logical partitions. There is no limitation on the number of logical partition. And our operating system can only launch from primary partition rather than logical drive. So, we can install our operating system in primary partition. If users have had four primary partitions in a MBR hard disk, they may want to convert primary partition to logical drive at once for further use.
Under this situation, users may consider using Disk Management to convert primary partition to logical partition. But after they right clicked a certain primary partition in the main interface of “Computer Management”, they can’t find any options in the pop-up window that will help them convert primary partition to logical drive because Disk Management can’t help users achieve setting partition as logical. Here in this paper, we would like to introduce a useful partition magic to users in order to realize this. And the following content will show detailed operating steps of changing primary partitions to logical drive.
1. Users need to get MiniTool Partition Wizard first in order to convert primary partition to logical drive smoothly. And then, they can run this partition magic to get its main interface.
2. Choose a target primary partition that users want to convert to logical partition.
3. Select “Set Partition as Logical” option from the left action panel.
4. Click “Apply” and choose “Yes” in the pop-up small window of “Apply Changes?”.
5. Users need to wait for the completion of the operations.
6. Click “OK” to go back to the main interface of this software.
Finally, if users want to convert primary partition to logical drive by using MiniTool Partition Wizard right now, they can visit the certain page to get this software.