Users may want to convert FAT32 to NTFS just because NTFS has more advantages than FAT32 (NTFS which has high performance can deal with single files over 4 GB). And they are always looking for a suitable tool to achieve file system conversion. Surely, users can perform FAT32 to NTFS conversion by making use of built-in small tool in Windows, such as Disk Management and diskpart. However, users had better make a data backup by copying them out if they use these two small tools, because using these two small tools to change file system by formatting will cause all data on the certain partition lost, if users don’t copy data out in advance.
Here we’d like to show users how to convert FAT32 to NTFS with the help of diskpart. And the steps are as follows.
1. To perform FAT32 to NTFS conversion by using diskpart, users should enter DOS command first by inputting “cmd” in “Search programs and files” after clicking “Start”.
2. Users should enter “diskpart”, press “Enter” and then input “diskpart help” and press “Enter” again.
3. Enter “list disk”, press “Enter”, input “select disk 2” (because it includes the certain partition we need to convert) and then press “Enter”.
4. Input “list volume”, press “Enter”, input “select volume 8” (since it is the certain partition we need to convert) and press “Enter”.
5. Input “format fs=ntfs”, press “Enter” and wait for the completion of the operation.
Next, we’d like to show users a second way to achieve file system conversion. This way is to use third party tool – MiniTool Partition Wizard to convert FAT32 to NTFS. Using this software to achieve FAT32 to NTFS conversion is safe and easy, because it can help users achieve conversion with simple steps. And its built-in data protecting function can prevent data from being lost. The steps are as follows.
1. Click a certain partition formatted with FAT32 and choose “Convert FAT to NTFS” from the left action panel in the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard in order to convert FAT32 to NTFS successfully.
2. Click “Start” to convert FAT32 to NTFS.
3. After operations are completed, users should click “Close”.
After reading the above content, users can convert FAT32 to NTFS without data loss successfully. And they can achieve file system conversion with the help of MiniTool Partition Wizard on their own by clicking here to get this software.