We believe that users are familiar to adjusting partition size. In the process of using computer, we may find a certain partition is so large that it needs resizing while the smaller ones are quite short of free space. And for good disk management, users don’t want to save different kinds of files in one partition (the large one said above). What should users do to solve this problem?
Some users may think about using unallocated space to create new partitions. This seems like a good idea to solve the above problem. What if there is no unallocated space? At this critical moment, users can split a partition to successfully realize adjusting partition size.
They can split partition to achieve adjusting partition size with the help of DM or MiniTool Partition Wizard. We know that Disk Management doesn’t have “Split Partition” function, so we can split large partition with this built-in small tool just by shrinking the certain partition first. And we will show users how to split partition by using these two ways.
1. Users should right click “My Computer”, choose “Manage” to open “Computer Management” window and click “Disk Management” to see disk list.
2. Right click the target partition and choose “Shrink Volume” to continue.
3. Users need to enter a certain value to make sure how much space they want to shrink in MB. Then, they should click “Shrink”.
4. Users should right click the released unallocated space and choose “New Simple Volume”. Then, they can create new partition according to the prompt message in “New Simple Volume Wizard”.
1. Choose the target partition and click “Split Partition” function from the left action panel in the main interface of this software.
2. Specify the new partition size by dragging the adjacent part (marked out in the red area) of the two partitions leftwards or rightwards and click “OK” to return to the main interface.
3. Choose “Apply” and click “Yes” to start the pending operations.
Now, users may want to start adjusting partition size on their own. Therefore, we suggest users that they get MiniTool Partition Wizard first if they want to split a partition with this software.