Disk cloning refers to migrating all data including the hidden files, hibernation files, settings, programs and more on a hard drive to another hard disk. Then, if you want to back up your Windows 7 computer, upgrade the old and small hard drive to a larger one, or clone Windows 7 to new computer/multiple computers without reinstalling OS, to clone hard drive Windows 7 is a good choice. How can you make an identical copy of the hard drive to achieve the above aims? In this post, we will show you a piece of reliable Windows 7 hard drive cloning software.
For a successful disk cloning, a professional clone program can make you avoid many unnecessary troubles but some shoddy software can cost much time to do disk cloning and the result is disappointing. Fortunately, MiniTool Partition Wizard, an all-in-one partition manager, can be utilized to clone a hard drive to SSD/HD for Windows 7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit users by its powerful functions.
How to clone Windows 7 hard drive to SSD/HD?
1. Free download MiniTool Partition Wizard from the official website and install it on your Windows 7 computer.
2. Prepare a hard drive as the target disk to save the disk copy, usually, SSD is a good choice. Make sure no important data on the destination disk since the cloning process will delete all data on the disk.
3. Connect this hard disk to your computer and ensure it can be detected by Windows 7.
Step-by-step guidance is here:
Step 1: Right click on the hard drive you want to clone in Windows 7 and then choose Copy or click Copy Disk in the action panel.
Step 2: You see the following interface. Here please select a target disk to store the copy.
Step 3: Then, on this page, you can review the changes you have made. Here you should choose one copy mode. Usually, Fit partitions to entire disk is recommended.
1. As for SSD or advanced format disk, remember to align partitions to 1MB for a good performance.
2. If you need to clone Windows 7 system disk to a GPT disk, you should use MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional or an advanced edition to check Use GUID Partition Table for the target disk option.
Step 4: Then an interface will show you how to boot from the destination disk. Just do as it says after the clone if you need.
Step 5: Hit Apply button at last.
In conclusion, MiniTool Partition Wizard is told you to clone hard drive Windows 7. In addition to Copy Disk function, Migrate OS to SSD/HD can also be available to complete system disk cloning. Just have a try.