Since I know limited professional computer knowledge, I pay little attention to the partitioning work of my newly bought Windows Server 2003 computer. And then I find that the seller has partitioned the hard disk into multiple small-capacity partitions. However, I need a big partition to store business data, so I wonder the ways to merge two small partitions to a larger.
In terms of partition merging Windows Server 2003, users can adopt two ways
1. Use Windows Server 2003 built-in disk management tool: this tool does work, but it asks for complicated operations. Users have to delete the two partitions to get free space, and then use the gained space to recreate partition. As we can see, partition deletion is most likely to pose high risk to partition data security. Even though users think of backing up partition data in advance, certain process is time-consuming.
2. Use server partition manager to merge Windows Server 2003 partitions without data loss: third-party software is always preferred by computer users, and a piece of excellent partition management software can do users a great favor in managing partitions. Here, professional server partition magic named MiniTool Partition Wizard is highly recommended for users to perform partition merging in Windows Server 2003.
The powerful tool – MiniTool Partition Wizard with high competence, excellent compatibility, and outstanding reliability offers multiple partition management functions such partition resizing, partition merging, partition extending and partition splitting. Well then, the example of partition merging for Windows Server 2003 will be demonstrated as follows:
Firstly, download the professional server partition software – MiniTool Partition Wizard and install it on computer. After that, run the software to open its main interface:
Secondly, get partition merging started via a preferred method:
1. Right click any partition, and then click “Merge” option from pop-up menu.
2. Choose any partition and click “Merge” in toolbar.
3. Choose any partition and click under “Partition” > “Merge“.
4. Select any partition and click “Merge Partition” in left action panel.
Here, users can choose the fourth.
Thirdly, choose the partition to be expanded and click “Next>” button to enter the following interface:
Fourthly, users are supposed to select the partition to be included to target partition and click “Finish” button to go back to main interface of professional server partition manager.
Finally, click “Apply” button in the upper left corner to let the software execute all previous operations.
Tip on partition merging in Windows Server 2003: The two partitions to be merged must be two adjacent NTFS partitions.
Via those simple operations, the work to merge partitions in Windows Server 2003 has been completed. More information about certain kind of operation and the software, users can visit its official website.