For computer users, they are familiar to adding space to a partition, because the situation of unreasonable partitioning usually exists. When users encounter this situation, they may choose to change size of partition. Usually, users will choose to enlarge drive C:, because for them, drive C : is easy to be short of free space. Therefore, extending partition is intensely needed to be carried out.
In view of the above problem, we will show users two practical ways to realize adding space to a partition, especially drive C:. Firstly, users can use Disk Management to enlarge drive C: by deleting partition. And the steps are in the following content.
1. Click “Disk Management” after entering the main interface of “Computer Management”.
2. Right click the partition on the right side of drive C: and choose “Delete Volume” in order to get unallocated space.
Note 1: Users need to make a data backup before deleting partition to avoid data loss.
Note 2: The partition chosen to delete in step 2 had better be primary partition, because system partition, drive C: can only directly use space released from primary partition on the right side of it.
3. Right click drive C: and choose “Extend Volume”.
Secondly, we will show users how to enlarge drive C: with partition software. And the steps are as follows.
1. Users need to launch MiniTool Partition Wizard and choose drive C:. And then users should click “Extend Partition” from the left action panel.
2. Choose a place to take free space from the text box of “Take Free Space from:” (here users can choose to take free space not only from unallocated space but also from another partition), drag the sliding button leftwards or rightwards to decide how much free space users want to take and then click “OK”.
3. Click “Apply” and choose “Yes” to perform pending changes.
4. Wait for the completion of the changes.
Now, users may want to realize adding space to a partition by themselves. They can use DM or partition magic to achieve extending partition. We would like to offer them the certain web page of this software if they want to get it at once.